Hillhead Residents Enjoy Commemorating VE Day!
Remembrance Day Service 2019
SHOP VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED
Devon Air Ambulance needs a community of volunteers to keep its 19 charity shops open and our helicopters flying. The great thing about volunteering in our retail shops is that we have a role to suit everyone, whether you are young or older, an outgoing type or someone who likes to work behind the scenes. As with all volunteering roles, you can choose where, when and for how long you volunteer. To find out more about your nearest shop and how you can help, please contact our Volunteer Manager Cara Jones on 01392 304343 / email@example.com Shop Locations: Barnstaple, Bideford, Budleigh Salterton, Dartmouth, Exeter (Cowick St, Heavitree & Topsham), Exmouth, Honiton, Kingsbridge, Newton Abbot, Okehampton, Plymouth, Sidmouth, South Molton, Tavistock, Totnes, and Torquay.
REUSABLE SEAGULL SACKS
Properties which are unsuitable for wheelie bins, receive a weekly sack collection.
If you currently have a bin at your property, you are not eligible for this service.
Reusable seagull sacks are free and can be obtained from the Ferry Office or can be ordered from the SHDC Website:
Order a seagull proof sack.
How your waste collection service works
- Refuse sacks are placed inside your seagull sack and collected weekly
- Blue and clear sacks are collected fortnightly. Please do not place your recycle sacks inside the seagull sack.
Find your Recycling & Waste collection day and calendar
Help South Hams District Council by:
- Making sure refuse sacks are placed in the seagull sacks to help prevent litter, especially in bad weather.
- Place recycling sacks next to your seagull sack and not inside it.
- Take your seagull sack back inside as soon after your collection as possible.
- Mark your sack with your name or house number to help you identify it.
- Please do not tie the handles of your seagull sack together so crews can easily empty them.
- Do not place loose waste in your seagull sack. All refuse should be in refuse sacks.
Remember, your sack must be at the boundary of your property by 7am on collection day.
Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch